Wednesday February 4th 2004 Engine 5 Engine 4 Ladder 3 and Rescue 5 were dispatched to the unit block of South Manoa Road for an odor of something burning in the basement. Engine 51 arrived on location and investigated the odor and found an electrical fire in the mechanical room. Manoa 7A reported the fire was out and had extension on the back wall and ordered Ladder 3 to check the first floor for any extension and the crew from Engine 41 to secured the power to the house. Crew from Engine 51 and Engine 53 removed the malfunctioning device from the wall and secured the wires going to it. Company 5 was inservice for 29 minutes.